On July 22, 2015, officials from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) provided air quality training on the Agency’s implementation of Category No. 38 Exemption (Exemption 38) and General Permit 5 (GP-5) for natural gas compression and processing facilities.
Topics covered by the training include:
- Exemption eligibility criteria for flowback, fugitive leaks, storage tanks, non-road engines, flaring activities, and stationary internal combustion engines
- Content and deadlines for Compliance Demonstration Reports (CDRs), including examples of deficiencies
- Inclusion of wellpad operations required in annual emission inventory submittals
- Recent changes to Exemption 38 implementation instructions
- Key changes in the January 2015 version of GP-5, including the requirement to submit an annual compliance certification by March 1 of each year
- Leak detection and repair (LDAR) requirements
- Malfunction reporting requirements
- Typical GP-5 application deficiencies, including emissions calculations, gas analyses, source information, and single source determinations
If you have questions regarding this training or would like compliance assistance, please contact Greg Gromicko, P.E. at (717) 942-1200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.